Am Samstag, 2. Januar 2016, 18:27:16 CET schrieb John Center:
> 😂Hi Martin,
>
> > On Jan 2, 2016, at 6:41 AM, Martin Steigerwald <mar...@lichtvoll.de>
>
> wrote:

> >> These and the other errors point at an issue with the filesystem
>
> structure.
>
> >> As I never had to deal with that, I can only give generic advice:
> >>
> >> 1) Use latest stable btrfs-progs.
>
> I'm in the process of creating a live USB to boot with.  Since I'm running
> mdadm (imsm) I need to purge dmraid & install mdadm to assemble the drives
> first.  I also need to put the latest version of btrfs-progs on it, too.
>  (As a side note, things have been getting flaky with my workstation, so I
> guess I'm either going to fix this or rebuild it.  I have the data files
> backed up, it's just a pain to have to recreate the system again.)

I think you could even just run a GRML from USB stick and grab the sources via
git clone and compile them there. Shouldn´t take long. I use:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kdave/btrfs-progs.git

which has 4.3.1.

> >> 2) Umount the filesystem and run
> >>
> >> btrfs check (maybe with -p)
> >>
> >> When it finds some errors, proceed with the following steps:
> >>
> >> Without --repair or some of the other options that modify things it is
>
> read
>
> >> only.
> >>
> >> 3) If you can still access all the files, first thing to do is: rsync or
> >> otherwise backup them all to a different location, before attempting
> >> anything to repair the issue.
> >>
> >> 4) If you can´t access some files, you may try to use btrfs restore for
> >> restoring them.
> >>
> >> 5) Then, if you made sure you have an up-to-date backup run
> >>
> >> btrfs --repair
> >
> > Before doing that, review:
> >
> > https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Btrfsck
> >
> > to learn about other options.
>
> Ok, so "btrfs check -p" first to understand how bad the filesystem is
> corrupted.
> Should I then try to do a recovery mount, or should I run "btrfs check
> --repair -p" to try & fix it?  I'm not sure what a "mount -o ro,recovery"
> does.

Well, if "btrfs check -p" confirms that something needs fixing, you make sure
you have a working backup *first*, either by rsync or btrfs restore if some
files are inaccesible, but from what I remember you are able to access all
files?

Then I´d say give btrfs check --repair a try.

I don´t know much about that mount -o ro,recovery does but from what I
gathered so far I thought it is only needed when you *can´t* mount the
filesystem anymore.

> If I have to reformat & reinstall Ubuntu, are there any recommended
> mkfs.btrfs options I should use?  Something that might help prevent
> problems in the future? 😂

Lol. :)

As far as I see mkfs.btrfs from btrfs-tools 4.3.1 already sets extref and
skinny-metadata as well as 16 KiB node and leaf size by default, so as I
recreated my /daten BTRFS filesystem due to the extent type mismatch errors
(see other thread) I used use mkfs.btrfs -L daten to set a label.

Thanks,
--
Martin