In the process of trying to debug issues I'm having on one of my
systems with a new kernel version, I decided to do a dry run check on
the root filesystem.  'btrfs check' returned a bunch of lines like:

root 257 inode XXXXXX errors 2000, link count wrong
        unresolved ref dir YYYYY index 53 namelen 3 name LOG filetype 0 errors
3, no dir item, no dir index

I got about 20 messages like this with varying values for everything
except the filetype and error counts.  Based on what I can tell, these
look like orphaned inodex, but I'm not certain.
Is it safe to tell BTRFS to try and fix these errors?

I'm running btrfs-progs 4.3.1 on kernel 4.3.3 (at least, that's the version that
works right now, I see the same errors on 4.4.1, but I have other issues
there that are (hopefully) unrelated to BtRFS).