btrfs scrub returned with uncorrectable errors. Searching in dmesg
returns the following information:

BTRFS warning (device dm-0): checksum error at logical NNNNN on
/dev/mapper/[crypto] sector: yyyyy metadata node (level 2) in tree 250

it also says:

unable to fixup (regular) error at logical NNNNNN on /dev/mapper/[crypto]

I assume I have a bad block device. Does that seem correct? The
important data is backed up.

However, it would save me a lot of time reinstalling the operating
system and setting up my work environment if I can copy this root
filesystem to another storage device.

Can I do that, considering the errors I have mentioned?? With the
uncorrectable error being in a metadata node, what (if anything) does
that imply about restoring from this drive?

If I can copy this entire root filesystem, what is the best way to do
it? The btrfs restore tool? cp? rsync? Some cloning tool? Other
options?

If I use the btrfs restore tool, should I use options x, m and S? In
particular I wonder exactly what the S option does. If I leave S out,
are all symlinks ignored?

I'm trying to save time and clone this so that I get the operating
system and all my tweaks / configurations back. As I said, the really
important data is separately backed up.

I appreciate all suggestions.