On 09/10/2016 08:22 AM, Mark Fasheh wrote:
On Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 03:12:49PM +0800, Qu Wenruo wrote:
This patchset can be fetched from github:
https://github.com/adam900710/linux.git wang_dedupe_20160907

This version is just another small update, rebased to David's
for-next-20160906 branch.

This updates only includes one small fix, which is exposed by recent
commits which checks space_info->bytes_may_use at umount time.
Caused by that we only free quota reserved space at hash hit, but doesn't
free space_info->bytes_may_use.

Other rebase changes are all related to recent infrastructure change,
like io_tree and quota flags change.

We ran xfstests with dedupe enabled.

Is there an xfstests patch for this I can look at? We want to be able to run
and reproduce the same tests as you.

Any btrfs test which enable dedupe and trigger dedupe will cause kernel warning at umount time. So, no new test cases, either submitted xfstest dedupe test cases, or enabling dedupe by modifying xfstests.

We were testing it by modifying _scratch_mount() and _test_mount() to enable dedupe for *EVERY* test case.

But now we are adding support to enable quota/dedupe for any test case if FSTYP is "btrfs" and environment variant "ALWAYS_ENABLE_BTRFS_FEATURE" contains "dedupe".

We will submit such patch to help increase the coverage soon and will CC anyone who is interested in inband dedupe and quota.

Also where are the disk portion patches or did I miss them somehow?

Disk format changes are planned for later merge, just as changelog version 11 mentioned, we are focusing on the in-memory backend for now.

Only after in-memory backend is stable and merged then we will consider other backend.

Thank,
Qu

        --Mark

--