Hello Nicholas.

Am Mittwoch, 14. September 2016, 21:05:52 CEST schrieb Nicholas D Steeves:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 08:20:20AM -0400, Austin S. Hemmelgarn wrote:
> > On 2016-09-11 09:02, Hugo Mills wrote:
[…]
> > As far as documentation though, we [BTRFS] really do need to get our act
> > together.  It really doesn't look good to have most of the best
> > documentation be in the distro's wikis instead of ours.  I'm not trying to
> > say the distros shouldn't be documenting BTRFS, but the point at which
> > Debian (for example) has better documentation of the upstream version of
> > BTRFS than the upstream project itself does, that starts to look bad.
>
> I would have loved to have this feature-to-stability list when I
> started working on the Debian documentation!  I started it because I
> was saddened by number of horror story "adventures with btrfs"
> articles and posts I had read about, combined with the perspective of
> certain members within the Debian community that it was a toy fs.
>
> Are my contributions to that wiki of a high enough quality that I
> can work on the upstream one?  Do you think the broader btrfs
> community is interested in citations and curated links to discussions?
>
> eg: if a company wants to use btrfs, they check the status page, see a
> feature they want is still in the yellow zone of stabilisation, and
> then follow the links to familiarise themselves with past discussions.
> I imagine this would also help individuals or grad students more
> quickly familiarise themselves with the available literature before
> choosing a specific project.  If regular updates from SUSE, STRATO,
> Facebook, and Fujitsu are also publicly available the k.org wiki would
> be a wonderful place to syndicate them!

 I definately think the quality of your contributions is high enough, others
can also proofread and give in their experiences, so… By *all* means, go ahead
*already*.

It doesn´t fit all inside the table directly, I bet, *but* you can use
footnotes or further explainations regarding features that need them with a
headline per feature below the table and a link to it from within the table.

Thank you!
--
Martin