On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 01:12:42PM +0530, Lakshmipathi.G wrote:
> Thanks for the example and details. I understood some and need to
> re-read couple of more times to understand the remaining.
>
> btw, I created a corruption framework(with previous org), the sample
> usage and example is below. It looks similar to Btrfs corruption tool.
> thanks.
>
> --
> corrupt.py --help
[...]

Interesting, can you please share the script? This is another
alternative that seems more plausible for rapid prototyping of various
corruption scenarios. The C utility (either existing btrfs-corrupt-block
or the proposed btrfs-modify) can become tedious to change, but can be
compiled and distributed without the python dependency.

I wanted to use something python-based for tests when Hans announced the
python-btrfs project, but it has broader goals than just the testsuite
needs.  So we could have our own corrupt.py, just for our internal use.

I'm not sure if a compiled tool like btrfs-modify is really needed, but
why we can't have both.