On Sat, 10 Oct 1998 06:48:33 PDT Shekhar Shenvikerkar wrote:

> I used the getmouse() function from the ncurses library.
> But the function is not working.
> Heard of the gpm server.But the man pages did not help.

There is a serial Programming HOWTO.

The gpm package can be found on most if not all of the linux ftp archive sites.
I am using it on RedHat (rpm) it is probaly available in other platform native
packages. It does have some nice utilities for finding the cause of problems
with serial mice.

It sounds like you might have a configuration problem. If you have a mouse
working with other programs that would eliminate the hardware/os interface
configuration initially. That would leave the os/ncurses configuration as the
first place to look.

It not posible to offer anything more without some detail about what you are
doing and what results (error messages, return codes, log entries generated,
etc.).

Regards,

David Ross

[EMAIL PROTECTED]