After our discussion of last week, I rewrote the consensus point as
follows:

Consensus Point VIII:   Jargon

  The Linux Professional Institute will not explicitly test on knowledge
of jargon and acronyms.  The examinees are supposed to be familiar with
concepts that have a commonly used acronym for a name (e.g. TCP/IP).  The
actual meaning of the letters will not be asked for.
  There will be a list of preferred terms and deprecated synonyms;
acronyms that are not explicitly preferred in the list, should not be
used.  This list will also contain definitions of the terms within a
certain context when this appears necessary.  The list will be updated
while LPI develops the tests, and tests will be made consistent with this
list.

Please approve|disapprove|comment.
--

        Tom "thriving on chaos" Peters
                NL-1062 KD nr 149       tel.    31-204080204
                        Amsterdam       e-mail  [EMAIL PROTECTED]