Hi,

I just did the SAIR tests (scoring a miserable 18/23 by the way). I am
rather new to the Linux certification effort, and I am not sure what the
relation between SAIR and LPI is. However, I must say that I am pretty
disappointed with the example exams.

A short Jos Visser bio (so that y'all can value my comments for what
they are):
- Bsc. in computer science
- Teaching Operating Systems in the last (3rd/4th) year of the computer
science polytechnich in The Hague, the Netherlands
- 6 years experience as a teacher for Unix courses (HP, Sun, Digital),
ranging from Unix Fundamentals to Unix Internals and everything that
falls in between
- a Microsoft Certified Professional (yes, I did 3 MCP exams (NTS,
TCP/IP, SMS))

My disappointments with the tests exams are:

- They seem to test (detailed, and sometimes useless) knowledge instead
of understanding (the !w question for instance)
- They are badly worded, and open for lots of interpretation and
discussion
- Some questions are really difficult to fathom because they pose a
negative (does NOT apply, is NOT a feature). Remember folks, the
non-native English speakers on this list are usually far more fluent in
English than the average EU/ASIA/LA person is.
- The questions contained errors
- Some questions seemed off-topic to me (e.g. the free software and
history questions)

Just my 2 eurocent.

++Jos

--
I am the josv in josv.com :-)

By the way, I am continuing to Live Without Windows!
Latest article: http://josv.com/~me/lww_dos.html
begin:vcard
n:Visser;Jos
tel;fax:+31-20-4950 223
tel;home:+31-36-522 0400
tel;work:+31-20-4950 222
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.osp.nl/~josv
org:Open Solution Providers
adr:;;Dalsteindreef 16;Diemen;;NL-1112 XC;Kingdom of the Netherlands
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Jos Visser