Le 09/01/2015 20:51, Steve French a écrit :
What did you find out about behavior of a more current kernel? (given that your kernel was more than 5 years old, there is a good chance that the behavior has improved in more recent kernels)
Sorry for long delay answer, but this issue was put aside as not critical (first choice to access the filer from Linux clients is NFS). Unfortunately we could not for technical/schedule reasons test other kernels. However, it seems that after a recent upgrade on the NetApp filer to OnTap 8.2.3 this behaviour disappeared from all our systems. So it seems a case of faulty server, and not linked to Linux CIFS client.

Have a good day, and thanks for support.

Franck