On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 10:42:55AM +0300, Ronen Shitrit ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
wrote:
> Hi
>
> I review both the OCF and the Acrypto projects,
> both of the projects looks like a _great_ projects.
>
> But I choose to use the OCF project,
> The main reason for choosing the OCF is that the OCF session concept
> suits better the HW accelerator I'm going to use,
> By session concept I mean:
> In the OCF first we open a session, then we can make few operation using
> this session and when we are done, we close the session.
> In the Acrypto each operation is a new session.

Acrypto has crypto routing which allows to use the same session for
many crypto operations.
1. create session
2. add first route (AES crypto for example)
3. add second route (DES crypto)
4. add yet another route (HMAC)
5. bind to TPM device
6. isnert session to be processed.

Provided callback will be called after all operations sucessfully
finished. This mechanism was designed specially for complex crypto
schemas like IPsec requires.

> In the HW accelerator I'm using, the overhead of opening a session is a
> little high, and it is not reasonable to do it for each operation.
> The overhead is a little high, since we are trying to optimize part of
> the alg, for example when using the HMAC, we can calculate in
> advance part of the alg and reuse it for later operations.

Exactly for such kind of scenarios crypto routing was created.
It allows to have crypt->hmac->crypt->anything to do with the data
without needs to care about manually reinsert the session.
Crypto devices are selected automatically according to the crypto
scheduler for each route, so it always will be as fast as possible,
although one can bind session to particular device.

OCF is a very good stack, and I think it will handle your needs well.