* Herbert Xu | 2007-10-04 16:48:18 [+0800]:

>On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 10:35:12AM +0200, Sebastian Siewior wrote:
>>
>> Two last questions:
>> - What about the i386 assembly vs generic implementation? Do you prefer
>>   the patch that I have send earlier (choose the assembly by default
>>   making the generic optional) or do you want both of them loaded at
>>   the same time.
>
>I'd prefer both to be built by default so that if something
>does go wrong we can ask people to check by using aes-generic.
That sounds fair to me. I don't touch twofish since it is not auto
selected like aes is and the assembly version is available by default
unless the user enabled both. Maybe a hint in Kconfig's help would
help but I don't thing it is necessary. The distros should not compile
it in first place :)

>> - What might be the best fallback strategy for the s390 + geode aes
>>   driver?
>
>I've been trying to avoid this :)
>
>Yes your proposal is definitely on the right track.
>
>My original plan is to have a template like keylen(aes,16) that
>only supports key length 16.  So perhaps you can take a look at
>doing that or come up with a different solution.
Okey. So I drop my changes to the driver and try to fix the crypto API
like I was doing in first place.

>Cheers,

Sebastian
-