* Geert Uytterhoeven | 2008-06-25 19:26:28 [+0200]:

>       Hi,
Hello,

>I have a few questions about the "deflate" crypto module (crypto/deflate.c).
>
>  1. Why does it support decompression of full chunks only (i.e. all compressed
>     data has to be passed at once)?  Is there a specific reason for that?
>     Or is it just because so far nobody needed partial decompression?
I guess the latter. The only user is ipcomp_decompress() as far as I can
see. Other zlib users like ppp or jffs2 user zlib directly. However, the
crypto API is the only place in kernel which provides you a generic
interface for compression.

>Please CC me, as I'm not subscribed, and
>http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-crypto doesn't list any archives.
Try
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-crypto@vger.kernel.org/
or
http://marc.info/?l=linux-crypto-vger&r=1&b=200806&w=2

David: do you thing it is a good idea to add them to the list?

>Geert Uytterhoeven
>Software Architect

Sebastian