Dear Gregory CLEMENT,

On Wed, 27 May 2015 12:20:49 +0200, Gregory CLEMENT wrote:

> But is it really depending of the board itself?
> I see that the first lines are the same on all the dts, I just remember that
> there was a reason why we could not put it in the dtsi.

Yes, because the DT language doesn't have a += operator, basically.

Some of the MBus ranges are inherently board-specific: when you have a
NOR flash, you need a specific MBus range for it. And such a MBus range
is board-specific.

Since it's not possible to do:

        ranges = <SoC level ranges>

in .dtsi, and:

        ranges += <board level ranges>

in .dts, we simply decided to always put:

        ranges = <SoC level and board level ranges>

in the .dts.

It does create some duplication, but that's the best we could do with
the existing DT infrastructure.

Best regards,

Thomas
--