Am Dienstag, 9. August 2016, 14:39:03 CEST schrieb Tapas Sarangi:

Hi Tapas, David,

> Hi Stephan,
>
> If I understand this correctly, this (CONFIG_MODULE_SIG_HASH=“sha256")
> tells about the key size used.
> I am using “sha256”. Initially, I was using “sha512” which I thought could
> be causing problem, but I am getting same error when change it to
> “sha256”.
>
> [root@localhost ~]# grep MODULE_SIG /boot/config-4.7.0-1.tos2_5
>
> CONFIG_MODULE_SIG=y
> # CONFIG_MODULE_SIG_FORCE is not set
> CONFIG_MODULE_SIG_ALL=y
> # CONFIG_MODULE_SIG_SHA1 is not set
> # CONFIG_MODULE_SIG_SHA224 is not set
> CONFIG_MODULE_SIG_SHA256=y
> # CONFIG_MODULE_SIG_SHA384 is not set
> # CONFIG_MODULE_SIG_SHA512 is not set
> CONFIG_MODULE_SIG_HASH="sha256"
> CONFIG_MODULE_SIG_KEY="certs/signing_key.pem"

It is rather the question how signing_key.pem is generated.

Do you have the file certs/x509.genkey? If yes, what is the default_bits
value?

David, the x509.genkey file seems to generate a 4k RSA key per default. This
will cause a panic with fips=1 as only 2k and 3k keys are allowed.

Ciao
Stephan