On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 04:34:39PM +0100, Stephan Müller wrote:

> We would only be able to remove it if all AEAD implementations are converted.
> But for the conversion time, we do face that issue.

It doesn't matter.  Nobody in the kernel uses that.  In fact I
wonder whether we should even do it for the kernel API.  We only
need it for the user-space API because it goes through read/write.

> Are you suggesting that the entire data in the src SGL is first copied to the
> dst SGL by algif_aead? If yes, that still requires significant src/dst SGL
> tinkering as we have the tag -- the src SGL for encrypt does not have the tag
> space where the dst SGL for encrypt is required to have the tag size. This is
> vice versa for the decryption operation.

It's really only a problem for decryption.  In that case you can
extend the dst SG list to include the tag.

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herb...@gondor.apana.org.au>