Hi all,

Le 13/01/2017 à 12:39, Herbert Xu a écrit :
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 12:36:56PM +0100, Stephan Müller wrote:
>>
>> I thought I understood that you would not want to see it in any
>> implementation. But, ok, if you want to leave it.
>
> If you remove it from authenc then authenc will be broken.

Hence if the copy of the associated data is needed in the crypto/authenc.c
driver, then I should also keep this copy in the drivers/crypto/atmel-aes.c
for authenc(hmac(shaX),cbc-aes) algorithms [1], shouldn't I?

If so, should I keep the current not optimized implementation of
atmel_aes_authenc_copy_assoc() or try to use the code extracted by Stephan
from crypto/authenc.c using the null cipher as proposed in this thread?

As said earlier in this thread, copying the associated data is not a so big
deal when compared to the main crypto processing.

For instance, with IPSec ESP with AES in CBC mode, the associated data
layout should be:
Security Parameters Index (SPI): 4 bytes
Sequence Number: 4 bytes
AES IV: 16 bytes

So it's only a 24 byte copy.

I've taken Stephan's other comments into account from his review of the
atmel-authenc driver so I'm preparing a new series but I don't know what to
do for the associated data copy.

Please let me know what you recommend, thanks!

Best regards,

Cyrille

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/12/22/306