On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 11:36 AM, Theodore Ts'o <ty...@mit.edu> wrote:
>> But I think there's another camp that would mutiny in the face of this
>> kind of hubris.
>
> Blocking the boot for hours and hours until we have enough entropy to
> initialize the CRNG is ***not*** an acceptable way of making the
> warning messages go away.  Do that and the users **will** mutiny.
>
> It's this sort of attitude which is why Linus has in the past said
> that security people are sometimes insane....

Uh, talk about a totally unnecessary punch... In case my last email
wasn't clear, I fully recognize that `default y` is a tad too extreme,
which is why from one of the earliest revisions in this series, I
moved directly to the compromise solution (`depends DEBUG_KERNEL`)
without even waiting for people to complain first.