On Wed, Oct 04, 2017 at 09:37:58PM -0700, David Miller wrote:

> > I'm not talking about the code-path in question.  I'm talking
> > about the function which generates the secret key in the first
> > place.  AFAICS that's only called in GFP_KERNEL context.  What
> > am I missing?
>
> The setkey happens in functions like sctp_pack_cookie() and
> sctp_unpack_cookie(), which seems to run from software interrupts.

That was my point.  Functions like sctp_pack_cookie shouldn't be
setting the key in the first place.  The setkey should happen at
the point when the key is generated.  That's sctp_endpoint_init
which AFAICS only gets called in GFP_KERNEL context.

Or is there a code-path where sctp_endpoint_init is called in
softirq context?

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herb...@gondor.apana.org.au>