Mithun

SAMBA is not the domain master. I want to add it to an NT domain called
HOMERNET.

There are netmask problems too. It keeps on throwing messages with
192.8.8.255 which I've been ignoring.
The message says cannot locate address i92.8.8.255. Incidntally it shows
me the IP of the second Linux machine.

Your statement, "Samba configuration isn't exactly a peice of cake :)."
is absolutely correct although I know people like Ghane walked through
the whole thing blindfolded and came up trumps.

Rajesh

> As for the Samba issue - I would like to hear about the changes you made to the
> default configuration in smb.conf
> Specifically did you make SAMBA the Domain master by any chance ?? Winodws NT
> won't accept that at all. Win NT always tried to be the domain master and

It communicates with other NT's in a proprietry manner which Samba
doesn't support.
The SAMBA team has managed to figure it out and are using it properly.
The development version has a lot of info in this connection. They've
explained how NT generates an SID and then uses encrypted passwords that
use this SID and other such things at http://us1.samba.org/

However truth be told I didnt manage to get it fully.