I've just set up a printer accounting thingy using samba for my college.
perliminary (2 week testing) seems to show things are pretty good.

I'm rushed for time right now, but i plan to document this completely and
post a FAQ, to get started, you can see the printer-accounting samples in
/usr/doc/samba-XXX/examples/printer-accounting. You have to hack things a
bit to get them to work, but that's the fun isn't it ?

all the stuff/ who/when/pages/bytes/restricted users can be done. Quite
easily too.

nikk

        "Beauty is transitory."
        "Beauty survives."
                -- Spock and Kirk, "That Which Survives", stardate unknown