Hi Gami,
----- Original Message -----
From: Gami
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 1999 10:13 PM

>so what i want is that during LILO boot , it should goto winduhs by
default...
>i had selected to do so during installation but it loads linux by default.
how
>do i do this ?
If your'e using Gnome go to the System or settings sub menu and there you'll
find Linuxconf and you get a window which has an option Lilo use that to
configure your lilo.

>two , i cant seem to get on the net...i tried wvdial , it connects, but
lynx ,
>irc etc dont work , they give an error message saying unable to contact
>remote host or something like that.

I think what may be the problem is that you haven't entered the DNS IP
addresses of your ISP's in the /etc/hosts file. Check out PCQuests March 99
issue or their website for connecting to the net.

>three , with a little help from  a friend i tried to mount my windows
partition in linux ,
>it works but during bootup sequence , it gives a [FAILED] in a couple of
"mounting
>filesystem" checks. it gives an error on line 3 of /etc/fstab , the line
where i added this
>/dev/hda1 vfat default 1 1
Its pretty obvious because you haven't specified a mount point. So what your
line should look like is
/c /dev/hda1 vfat default 1 1
Of course you can specify another name.

>also , my video card (SiS6326) doesn't seem to run well with linux ,
>the terminal and some other programs dont run properly , i mean , i cant
>see what i write in those programs , because of colour problem , the colour
>of background of window and of the foreground is the same.
Check www.linux-india.org The website has a mail archive which has a
comprehensive search engine where you can get the solution to this problem.

Jeff