"Pritchard, Andrew A SSI-TSEA-L32" wrote:

> Where am I going wrong? Below is a copy of my diald.conf
> file. The chat-ppp0 works fine, cos I use it everyday to
> connect to get my mail and web surf etc. Diald starts OK,
> but I try to do anything, like download my mail, and nothing
> happens. I am using a 'custom' Redhat 6 install, with diald
> 0.99.1, which I downloaded and compiled OK.
>
> > mode ppp
> > debug 255
> > connect /etc/ppp/chat-ppp0
> > disconnect /etc/ppp/kill-ppp0
> > device /dev/modem
> > speed 115200
> > modem
> > lock
> > crtscts
> > local 172.16.0.1
> > remote 172.16.0.2
> > dynamic
> > defaultroute
> > reroute
> > include /etc/diald/standard.filter

Mine differs as follows:

1) Mine doesn't have reroute. If I remember correctly it generates an
error message but otherwise doesn't hurt to have it.

2) Mine has "speed 115200".

3) Mine does not have the connect and disconnect lines. I do start
   diald with the following option:

         connect "/usr/sbin/chat -f /etc/ppp/chat.script"

4) My standard.filter is at /usr/lib/diald/standard.filter.