I have used something like:
 ipup /etc/ppp/ip-up
 ipgoingdown /etc/ppp/ip-goindown
 ipdown /etc/ppp/ip-down

 ip-up and ip-down are RedHat 6.0's stock files. They call also their
*.local equivalent in which i set up my network. Since my connection
ip is not registered I use justlinux.com to register my dynamic ip.
And then ipgoingdown  deletes it ...

  What happens is that when I tail /var/log/messages it will complain
when executing ip-up because it did not get its arguments.

  The usual RedHat netcfg way of doing this is by calling usernet
which starts ppp0 and gives the returned 6 arguments back to ip-up. It
seems diald doesn't do that with the ipup option.

  Is there a way to correct that.

  My second question is more related to diald itself. diald will work
fine for hours but then it will start going nuts, like it would try to
start a connection and hangs there not doing anything! I don't know
why yet, but did anyone experience such a thing?

 Thanks again

Hassan Aurag
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-diald" in