On Wed, 14 Mar 2007, Steven Toth wrote:

> > My plan was to come up with a patch that converted all the users of fmd1216
> > at once.
> >

> FMD1216ME was recently replaced by the FMD1216MEX.
>
> Not sure if this impacts on your plans. I don't have the datasheet off
> hand but I'm told FM tuning has changed slightly.

That shouldn't make a difference.  If the tuner is different enough that it
needs a different configuration, then it will just need to be added as a
new tuner type.  Shouldn't make any difference to existing users of the
fmd1216me.

Of course I'm sure the card makers will switch tuners without changing
their model numbers!  Leading to the problem of how do you tell which tuner
the card has?  Maybe they'll be so kind as to stick the tuner on a
different i2c address as well as put something in the eeprom.