Damien Dusha wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I've been with the DViCO dual digital saga for a while and was happily
> working around the frequency offset bug, but I decided to branch out and
> try
> Chris's new branch that fixes the problem.
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~pascoe/v4l-dvb-test
>
> I am running FC6 with kernel 2.6.20-1.2933.fc6, (x86_64) and I compiled and
> installed the hg tree without error.
>
> However, when I did a "make load", I get the following error:
>
> insmod: error inserting './cx88-blackbird.ko': -1 No such device

perhaps cx88-blackbird is disabled in your configuration.  No matter -- you
don't need it.

> /sbin/insmod ./dst_ca.ko
>
> Which doesn't seem to be a problem, becasue I can see and tune both of the
> dvb adaptors using tzap -a0 and tzap -a1, with the frequency offset problem
> fixed.  We owe you a beer, Chris!
>
> However, when I reboot, I am perplexed that I can only see one DVB
> adaptor.   make reload certianly makes the other appear (and be tunable),
> but before then, it doens't want to know about the other adaptor.
>
> I have included the contents of my dmesg at http://www.pastebin.ca/434477
> Note that includes the boot (where one adaptor is missing) and after make
> reload, where both adaptors are usable.
>
> And I most certainly have the firmware for the USB part in /lib/firmware.
>
> Evidently, something is missing.  I'd be great if someone could push me in
> the right direction.

Damien,

You only have one dvb adapter showing up because the cx88-dvb module does not
load automatically in the version of the repository that you are using.  To
resolve this, add "cx88-dvb" to your init scripts.  This is distro-dependent.
In most cases, you can simply add "modprobe cx88-dvb" to /etc/rc.modules ...
but, again, each distro has its own method.

Please keep in mind that Chris Pascoe's "new" test branch was "new" many months
ago.  His repository is dated as two months ago, because at that point he
updated the repository with the changesets from the master branch.

We were looking for feedback as to whether or not his rounding fixes for the
dvb-pll module did the trick for tuning in Australia -- Thank you for this
feedback.

Cheers,

Michael Krufky