On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 4:36 PM, Jarryd Beck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >  >>
>  >  >> Jarryd,
>  >  >>
>  >  >> I've analyzed the snoop that you've taken of the windows driver, and I
>  >  >> conclude that the driver is basically doing exactly the same that the
>  >  >> linux driver would do.  The only thing that I cannot verify is whether
>  >  >> or not the tda18211 uses the same table values as the tda18271c1.
>  >  >> Based on the traffic in your snoop, it looks like the exact same
>  >  >> algorithm is used, but based on a new set of tables -- I will not be
>  >  >> able to confirm that without a tda18211 datasheet.  The only thing
>  >  >> that you can do is try the tda18271 driver and hopefully it will work.
>  >  >>
>  >  >> Have you tried to tune yet?  There is a space in your channels.conf,
>  >  >> "7 Digital" -- you may want to change that to something like,
>  >  >> "7Digital" so that command line applications will work.
>  >  >>
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Antti Palosaari wrote:
>  >  > hello
>  >  > I looked sniffs and find correct demodulator initialization values for
>  >  > this NXP tuner. Copy & paste correct table from attached file and try.
>  >  > Hopefully it works. I compared your sniff to mt2060 and qt1010 based
>  >  > devices and there was still some minor differences to check.
>  >  >
>  >  > regards,
>  >  > Antti
>  >  >
>  >
>  >  Antti,
>  >
>  >  Please remember not to top-post.
>  >
>  >  Jarryd,
>  >
>  >  I have done further analysis on the snoop logs.  Not only is the driver
>  >  using the same protocol as the tda18271 linux driver, it also seems to
>  >  use the same table values as used with the tda18271c1 -- The linux
>  >  driver should work on your tuner without any modification at all.
>  >
>  >  Regards,
>  >
>  >  Mike
>  >

>  I've got another tuner which works, so I know I'm tuning correctly, it just
>  doesn't actually tune. I tried with mplayer, it just sat there saying
>  dvb_tune Freq: 219500000 and did nothing. It also made my whole
>  computer go really slow, I don't know what it was actually doing.
>
>  Antti, as I said I've never done anything like this before so I have no
>  idea what I'm doing, so I have no idea where to paste which table.

Please try using tzap.  This will show you FE status once every
second.  Let it run for a whole minute -- maybe there is some noise
that may cause it to take a longer time to lock (if that's the case,
then there are some tweaks that we can do.)  Show us the femon output
produced by running tzap.

-Mike