On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 11:37 AM, Antti Palosaari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Jarryd Beck wrote:
>  > Here's the first frequency it tuned to, as you can see the
>  > one you set auto on is still auto, it didn't seem to autodetect
>  > anything. It was the same for all the other frequencies as well.
>  >
>  >>>> tune to:
> 226500000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_7_MHZ:FEC_3_4:FEC_AUTO:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_16:HIERARCHY_NONE
>  > WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!
>  >>>> tune to:
> 226500000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_7_MHZ:FEC_3_4:FEC_AUTO:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_16:HIERARCHY_NONE
>  > (tuning failed)
>  > WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!
>
>  It does not matter what scan outputs as tuning parameters because it
>  just shows same parameter that are set by used tuning file (at least
>  when tuning fails). Driver will still try to auto detect correct
>  parameters. In this case it still fails for reason or other that is not
>  found yet.
>

>  regards
>  Antti
>  --
>  http://palosaari.fi/

So the fact that it failed isn't actually telling us anything extra then?
Would it only have been useful if it had actually worked?
Also just to make sure I'm using the right drivers here, I'm using
Michael's patch and not Antti's patch. Since it kernel oopses with
both, Antti, do you want me to try with just your patch and not
Michael's?

Jarryd.