Hmm, do you have any idea whether the version of grub that you are using has
proper support for RAID devices? setup-storage does some hackery in that it sets
BOOT_DEVICE to the actual devices that make up the RAID device because earlier
versions of grub had no idea about RAID and LVM. I think, newer versions should
support it properly, but that will then depend on the version of grub you are
acutally using, meaning that we can either modify setup-storage to set
BOOT_DEVICE to /dev/md0 or hack the script to call device2grub for each device
(sda, sdb).
i use grub_pc so it is grub2 ( 1.96) it support lvm/raid without any problem.

ii grub-pc 1.96+20080724-16 GRand Unified Bootloader, version 2 (PC/BIOS

regards,
Jean

Antwort per Email an