On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 13:35, Bryan Henderson wrote:

> It wouldn't surprise me if someone is depending on mount over ".".  But
> I'd be surprised if someone is doing it to a directory that's already been
> mounted over (such that the stacking behavior is relevant).  That seems
> really eccentric.

Bryan, what would you expect the behavior to be when somebody mounts on
a directory what is already mounted over?

Do you expect the new mount to obscure the already existing mount or
do you expect the already existing mount to obscure the new mount?

The issue in the current thread is pretty much revolving around this.
RP