On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 9:53 AM, folkert <folk...@vanheusden.com> wrote:

> I also think that this interface is cumbersome. I did not measure it(!)
> but I think adding this open/seek + read construction may add all kinds
> of overhead. Especially since my use-case requires the lowest latency
> possible. Not to forget that conversion of the measured value to ascii
> and back.

Yes this interface sucks.

The tentative long-term plan is to replace it with something like
a char device that can handle a quick context switch and also
issuing calls to set multiple pins at once, as we now have an
in-kernel interface for that (that I totally refuse to support from
sysfs).

Yours,
Linus Walleij