On 5/11/07, Yan Fitterer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> On Thu, May 10, 2007 at  3:38 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Andrew Beekhof"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 5/10/07, Yan Fitterer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Last I heard, reload was an optional OCF action that was not quite fully
> implemented in Heartbeat (someone please correct me here if need be!)
>>
>> The benefit would be that configuration changes could be picked up without
> having to interrupt a service.
>
> all correct
>
>> Not sure how it's supposed to be invoked from the heartbeat end though!
>
> i think there is an option to turn it on, plus the RA needs to
> advertise the capability

All well and good - but *how* (i.e. in what circumstances) does heartbeat use
it?

I can only see it making sense in cases where an admin has made changes that need to be
picked up -> need for the cluster's admin to be able to trigger a "reload"
action.

exactly

changes to non-essential parameters will trigger a reload if it is
both supported and enabled

Or is it that only recurring "reload" actions are supported? Presumably, one could add a
"reload" action to a resource with a long interval, then remove it again shortly
afterwards. Sounds rather cumbersome...

Yan