Hi Ulrich,

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 8:28 AM, Ulrich Windl
<ulrich.wi...@rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> http://www.hastexo.com/resources/hints-and-kinks/mandatory-and-advisory-ordering-pacemaker
>
> I have a comment on the article: If you specify that foo should be started
> before bar, does that imply that the stop ordering will be reversed
> automatically, i.e. if foo failes, will bar be stopped before foo is started,
> or will foo be started, even if bar is already up?

As for "if foo fails, will bar be stopped before foo is started" --
the article already answers exactly that. That however has nothing to
do with automatic reversal on stop. Which is good input to get; I'll
add that.

> Maybe the article should also talk abou the modifiers like "foo:Started" that
> aren't really well specified anywhere I've looked ;-)

We try to keep the Hints & Kinks short and sweet, and deliberately
don't delve into all the side topics for a particular issue. That
being said, adding a separate one about how role/op specification
affect colo and order constraints is an excellent suggestion. Thanks
for that.

If you have followup questions on any of the Hints & Kinks, btw: feel
free to use the in-page comments for that; the comment field should be
enabled on all of them. If you find any where it isn't, please shoot
me an email off-list and we'll promptly correct that. Thanks!

Cheers,
Florian

--
Need help with High Availability?