On 2013-09-14T00:28:30, Tom Parker <tpar...@cbnco.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good way to prevent pacemaker from declaring a vm
> dead if it's rebooted from inside the vm.  It seems to be detecting the
> vm as stopped for the brief moment between shutting down and starting
> up.

Hrm. Good question. Because to the monitor, it really looks as if the VM
is temporarily gone, and it doesn't know ... Perhaps we need to keep
looking for it for a few seconds.

Can you kindly file a bug report here so it doesn't get lost
https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/issues ?

> Often this causes the cluster to have two copies of the same vm if the
> locks are not set properly (which I have found to be unreliable) one
> that is managed and one that is abandonded.

*This* however is really, really worrisome and sounds like data
corruption. How is this happening?

The work-around right now is to put the VM resource into maintenance
mode for the reboot, or to reboot it via stop/start of the cluster
manager.

Regards,
    Lars

--