On 21/1/19 2:17 am, Martin Cooper wrote:
    A silly question, is the destination address in a UI frame
    case-sensitive?

 From the AX.25 2.2 spec, section 2.2.13, Address-Field Encoding:

"Except for the Secondary Station Identifier (SSID), the address field should be made up of /upper-case alpha/ and numeric ASCII characters only."

(Emphasis mine.)

Yes, I had read the spec. My question was one of, does the software enforce that. Thomas Karpiniec's email pretty much said, "yes", in the Linux AX.25 stack's case, it feeds it all through `toupper`, which basically will clear that extra bit (0x61 becomes 0x41).
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...
  ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.