On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 09:53:22AM +1000, Barrett, Peter G wrote:
> rather mysterious system or they notice the "AMATEUR RADIO" menu  in config
> when they compile their first kernel.

Actually many newbies consider compiling a kernel to be a rather
desperate act.  After all, they've never had to do it for Windows.

> Terry Dawson's Howtos were excellent manuals when first written but they
> have not been maintained for a long
> time and are now obsolete. I don't think I have the experience or the time

They're not _that_ obsolete; they just need to be updated a bit.  In
the AX.25 howto, simply mentioning where to get the new utilities, libs
etc. would go a very long way.

I'd be willing to work on it too; I told Terry so a while back.  But
he was waiting to see if the latest people who had volunteered were
actually going to do anything.

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 (_  | |_)          http://www.bigfoot.com/~ecloud  [EMAIL PROTECTED]