On 10/12/2013 08:04 AM, Mika Westerberg wrote:
On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 12:16:02AM +0200, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
I think that this is intentional. We don't want that the i2c modalias
matches with the ACPI device (like with the i2c:INTABCD). Instead use ACPI
IDs that are added to the driver to match with the ACPI device.
Well, I'm not really sure this was intentional, but I wonder how other bus
types work in that respect?
We have the same for platform bus, if that's what you are asking.

Do we? I don't recall seeing per device modaliases on other platforms on their platform buses.

And actually I don't see that happening in drivers/base/platform.c: platform_uevent() either where just pdev->name is used but not pdev->id (which is used with pdev->name for dev_set_name()).

This makes me thinking that perhaps "pdevinfo.name = dev_name(&adev->dev);" in drivers/acpi/acpi_platform.c: acpi_create_platform_device() should be fixed too as now modalias for ACPI registered platform devices differ from platform devices that are registered in other subsystems (e.g. regulatory, pcspkr, alarmtimer, etc devices)?

I can send a patch for that.

--
Jarkko