Alan Cox wrote:
You'd have to add the drain data on error hack first, right now we will
reset in that case (which for one or two devices has another problem in
that it won't clear a stuck FIFO)
Nod. There was nothing ever wrong with Mark's drain patch, I just never saw a solid justification for it outside of root

You don't need to be root, any user can do this with the right commands
via SG_IO - and it happens on errors occassionally for real.

Which commands?

        Jeff