Jeff Garzik wrote:
Tejun Heo wrote:
Yeah, exactly.  I think what needs to be done is to separate out SFF
assumptions from core layer, factor out SFF-proper helpers and use them
to implement LLDs for quasi-SFF controllers.

Thinking long term, I continue to hope that SFF support can eventually be separate into a sub-API, allowing people to disable (at compile time) SFF support completely if they don't need it.
..

I can think of a few more pressing things to disable before that.

Like ACPI and PMP.  Modularizing those (or more crudely de-selecting them
at build time) would save a lot of memory on small embedded boxes.

Cheers