To repeat myself from threads past...

In particular with the Marvell 6440 (SATA/SAS, drivers/scsi/mvsas.c) when SATA PMP support is completed, we will want to look at passing things other than normal ATA commands via ->qc_issue.

Although selection isn't necessarily, talking to a PMP is fundamentally an asynchronous, event-driven operation just like any other FIS "conversation."

We don't need to be adding hooks for each new and interesting type of FIS sent across the wire. That just leads to an awful API.

        Jeff