Hi,

Well after checking it on Cirrus Logic web page
(http://www.cirrus.com/products/overviews/md56xx_2.html), it seems that this is
not a win modem (it got a DSP built in), but you have to fiddle with ISAPNP
program and set it up, then do symbolic link after ISAPNP runs at boot.

I suggest for you to read the ISAPNP docs (man isapnp), and see what you need to
set it up correctly.

Ofcourse, if you can replace it with a jumper based modem (NOT PCI! - those
modems aren't supported on Linux yet) this will make your life much easier...

Hetz

--
Linux - The STABLE and FUN way to operate