> YEH>>     I've been looking for info about the XKB extension and its
> YEH>> library (libxkb). I've come accross a blank. I haven't seen
> YEH>> any man pages about it, nor any mention of it in the
> YEH>> distributed online Xlib book. Seems the only way to find out
> YEH>> anything about it was reverse engineering xkbcomp and others
> YEH>> and even that was not very forthcoming. I was wondering
> YEH>> whether there's any place where I could get some info about
> YEH>> it.
>
> Well, *one* place does for sure exist - it's [EMAIL PROTECTED], XKB author. As
> for more docs, 3 years ago he called it "upcoming", but it indeed seems no
> much docs till now, so I suppose it's still "upcoming"...

Actually, Erik *wrote* those docs. One of them was published on the
8th Annual X Technical Conference, but is available only as a hard-
copy, in "The X Resource", Issue 9, pp. 135-149 ("The X Keyboard
Extension"). If the other links below don't help you, give me your
address (snail-mail one), so I can send the book to you.

Erik also wrote "The X Keyboard Extension: Protocol Specification"
( http://reality.sgi.com/rcu/accessx/XKBproto.ps ), and co-authored
"The X Keyboard Extension: Library Specification" (
http://reality.sgi.com/rcu/accessx/XKBlib.ps ). I think that these
specs can be found also at:
ftp://ftp.x.org/pub/R6.3/xc/doc/hardcopy/XKB

Everything (except for the "X Resource" which is only hard-copy) is
in PostScript.

--
Eli Marmor