> Hello dear linux community.
>
> I saw Ira's post about him want to cancel the IW2K, and I got scared.
>
> I got scared because no one posted a reply. Don't you people care ?
>
> I feel the current attitude is that Ira is "the man" and he will do
> everything.
> No one comes forward to help him. This must stop. He cannot do
> everything
> by himself.
>
> People, step in and volunteer. Missing the IW2K is a big, big miss
> for Linux.

As someone who has volunteered I can say:
1) Help from anyone is most appreciated.
2) Perhaps many people believe that they are too clue less for presenting
Linux in front of a wide audience?
3) These things might roll by themselves. That is, maybe people are planning
to come but are not willing to commit themselves?
4) I am not sure that Ira's expectations are not too high. I believe I saw
reports on debian mailing lists where people said they maned a booth in
European shows by themselves or with the help of only 1 or 2 people.
5) I believe we somehow committed ourselves not to participate at stier's
shows. I am not at all sure it is wise.
6) Perhaps the real way to spread out Linux is not by showing what others have
done but by sitting alone at office or at home and write an Hebrew office
suite? Or by volunteering to admin a web server on a machine that is
contributed by Compac at your local MERKAZ KEHILATY?
--
Shaul Karl                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        An elephant is a mouse with an operating system.