> On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Shaul Karl wrote:
>
> > > I saw Ira's post about him want to cancel the IW2K, and I got scared.
> > >

> I promissed myself I won't get dragged into this, but I'm the proverbial
> penguinophile, I can't help it.
>
> > As someone who has volunteered I can say:
> > 1)Help from anyone is most appreciated.
> > 2) Perhaps many people believe that they are too clue less for presenting
> > Linux in front of a wide audience?
>
> there are many clueful people here. the clue-less can also help. IF the
> show indeed goes on (and there are many people with a healthy interest
> in that!) then thehardware will be in configuration stages for the next
> two weeks at the offices of LinuxQA at the Bursa in Ramat Gan, you can
> come over in the evenings, see the experts work on the machines, learn
> by looking over their shoulders and ask questions, it can be a 2-week
> long insta party almost (all ofcourse if LinuxQA is OK with this, I
> can't speak for them).

I believe it will help. Is this acceptable by LinuxQA?
Assuming it is acceptable, can LinuxQA wrote their exact address, including
the floor in which their offices are found? How can I pass the building
security ("I have come to mr. Segal from LinuxQA, please let me through ...")?
When can I come and when must I leave ("You can come after 19pm because by
that time the noise level at the office becomes tolerable and you must leave
before 22pm because we are not willing to have non staff people at our offices
late at night")?
Are the machine connected to the Internet? Can I do whatever I want with them
("install packages, test various configurations, becomes root, install debian
with a diskette followed by apt-get even though the machine had a nice working
mandrake Linux")? Are the working config files kept somewhere safe but
accessible to everyone like a diskette in case one would like to revert back
(hardcopy may be the last resort)?

--
Shaul Karl                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        An elephant is a mouse with an operating system.