> Could you please tell us ore about your configuration?
> For instance - what hebrew kmap do you use? What fonts? does your
> display adapter have hebrew font?
>
> I noticed that when I switch from a "normal" virtual console to one that
> runs X, and then switch back to the "normal" console - the font for that
> console is reset (to the one from the cmos, I guess)

That happens if X starts before you set font, since XFree86 reads the
console font only when it starts, and not every time it's
console is switched active. So, every time you switch away from X, X
sets the font that was active when it started.

> On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Pavel Bibergal wrote:
> > i having problems with hebrew in console..
> > sometimes it work perfect
> > sometimes it not work at all (writing me some junk)
> > sometimes it work partially (some hebrew letters and some junk)

This is because consolechars also sets ACM and SFM (see man page for
explanation). That is why I prefer the old setfont, (the new one is a
script that calls consolechars). It is still easy to fix the problem
with consolechars as well. You need trivial sfm and acm files. (Or use
the ones in hebkeys.tar.gz (from www.arava.co.il/matan/hebrew).

--
Matan Ziv-Av.                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]