Hetz Ben Hamo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Stability: I have tried numereous times all the Gnome Releases: 1.1,
> October release, helix version, u name it - it took me something like an
> hour to crash the entire GNOME enviroment (specially with all those cute
> applets). On the KDE side I can say that I'm using my Linux machines
> with KDE for months (already 5 months) and not a single crash!

#include "religious_war_disclaimer.h"

Stability is subjective: the perception depends strongly upon what
parts of functionality you use and consider essential.  I think a
reported a few weeks ago that it took me just seconds to crash KDE
(supplied with RH6.2). And that's without any "cute applets". It
turned out to be a known problem with manual window placement. I found
that out looking at the KDE bug list on their web site, and I must say
the list is quite impressive :-(.

--
Oleg Goldshmidt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]