On Mon, 22 May 2000, Ira Abramov wrote:

> ssh needs to generate a host key on installation, and do it in /mnt/etc
> instead of /etc if done in the CD install stage. does it do that
> correctly?

No. The installer runs chrooted at that stage.

The issue is a bit different. For some strange reason the openssh-servver
package is installed before the openssl package. Thus its install script
fails, spitting out something about libssl not found.

I have not figured why this happens - openssh-server depenends on openssh,
which depends on openssl . This means that openssl should have been
installed earlier.

If you want to see this happen: uninstall all the openss[lh] pacckages,
and then run:
rpm -iv <openssl rpm> <openssh rpm> <openssh-server rpm>

Any ideas?

--
Tzafrir Cohen
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]