IA>> > Given enough time and resource - definitely. Having made entire DB
IA>> > solution in pure Javascript (no, it wasn't fun), I'm firm in this.
IA>>
IA>> now THAT sounds impressive. does it parse XML too? do publish it in
IA>> OpenSource :-)

No, it didn't (though I guess I might do that too, in limited sense of
it). And it was commercial project, and I hope nobody will ever see code
behind that. That was ugly. Also, it wasn't really _complete_ DB - it was
read-only, i.e. you could search/fetch, but not write.

IA>> may I offer an "advanced tricks in Javascript" symposium too? Chen told
IA>> me she fudged inheritence for it, you can have shared object libraries

Well, basically since you can dynamically generate Javascript code in
Javascript, you can do all sorts of mess over there. The only problem is
interaction with outer word, which requires help from the browser and/or
some beckend (e.g. in Perl). But that is really ugly hacks, you need to
sweat for hours for things that are done in 2 statements in normal
languages. Also, most browsers often get crazy when you do such things -
that was obviously not what their creators intended when they wrote
Javascript support.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      \/  There shall be counsels taken
Stanislav Malyshev      /\  Stronger than Morgul-spells