Try to find out if your server has a configured and working DNS (nslookup from your
machine, and lookup anything).

If it has, find out whether the machines you are trying to connect FROM has reverse
lookup (nslookup again, this time type in the ip you are connecting from, and see if
you are getting an alpha result).

If that doesn't work, this may be the cause of your problems. Try adding
(experimentally) that IP to your hosts file. If that solves the problem, you need to
make sure that the IP you are connecting from has a valid reverse lookup name.

                Shachar