Hi

If you want, you can boot linux without lilo.
Copy loadlin.exe (should be on your CD somewhere), and your kernel
(should be in /boot/vmlinuz or something) to your windows ME, than,
when you want to boot linux, do
loadlin <kernel> root=<your root file system> e.g.
loadlin vmlinuz root=/dev/hda6
(put all this in a .bat file, of course).
Then, when you feel comfortable with linux, go to
/usr/doc/lilo and read it's excelent docs.

        didi